Fairy Tale Baltics
ESCORTED – 1 GUARANTEED DEPARTURE
Helsinki | St. Petersburg
English Language Tours start in Helsinki on Friday
Smaller Departure Size: 36-Person Max!
Departure on Aug 02, 2019
Day 01: Arrive Helsinki
Arrive at Helsinki Vantaa Airport. Transfer provided to hotel in connection with your flight arrival. Accommodation and dinner tonight at a first class hotel ideally located in the city center.
During the afternoon you can explore the busy market place or the many souvenir shops close to the harbor. Finnish crystal and leather goods are an excellent buy. Your tour escort will meet you during the evening.
Haven Boutique Hotel
Day 02: Helsinki – St. Petersburg
Breakfast followed by transfer by coach from hotel to railway station. Depart from Helsinki on ‘Allegro’ high-speed train for St. Petersburg. Lunch box on train. Arrive in St. Petersburg.
Coach transfer from railway station to hotel combined with 1-hour guided boat cruise along the Neva River and a visit at St. Isaac’s Cathedral. Dinner (including 1 shot of vodka and 1 glass of wine) and accommodations are at a four star hotel located in city center, near the famous Mariinsky Theatre.
Day 03: St. Petersburg
Buffet breakfast at hotel. The day begins with a transfer to the Neva River harbor for a cruise by hydrofoil to Peterhof for a tour of the Grand Palace and Lower Park with fountains. Lunch at local restaurant.
Tour continues to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum and state rooms of the Winter Palace. Return to the hotel in the late afternoon for dinner and overnight.
Day 04: St. Petersburg
Buffet breakfast at hotel. This morning transfer to the town of Pushkin to take a tour of Catherine’s Palace with its famous Amber Room. Lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, you’ll take a 3-hour panoramic tour of the city by coach with a local English-speaking guide. St. Petersburg is a city of outstanding architectural beauty, famous for its magnificent palaces, cathedrals and bridges. A visit will also be paid to Peter & Paul Fortress; you will also enjoy such sights as the Square of Arts, the Russian Museum, the Cathedral of Our Saviour on Spilt Blood, Griboedov Canal, Nevsky prospect, the Palace Square and the Winter Palace, and many more.
This evening you will be taken to see a colorful Russian folklore show at Nikolaevsky Palace (snacks at intermission) followed by dinner at the Dostoevsky Restaurant or similar. Return to your hotel for overnight.
Day 05: St. Petersburg
This tour of the highlights of Northern Europe ends after breakfast, with transfers to St. Petersburg Airport in connection with your flight home.
- 4 nights Helsinki – St. Petersburg
- 4 nights’ accommodation including daily 3-course or buffet dinner and buffet breakfast, in first class hotels, all rooms with private facilities
- 2 lunches on days 3 & 4 in St. Petersburg
- ‘Allegro’ train Helsinki – St. Petersburg, incl. lunch box on board, and transfers between hotels and railway stations
- Complete program in St. Petersburg, including 3-hour city tour, visit to Peter & Paul Fortress, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, Hermitage Museum/Winter Palace, excursion to Pushkin and Catherine’s Summer Palace, all entrances included, 1-hour canal tour plus folklore show at Nikolaevsky Palace incl. refreshments and dinner
- Hydrofoil excursion from St. Petersburg to Peterhof Palace, including entrance to Lower Parks and Grand Palace
- Luggage assistance at all hotels, 1 piece per person
- Tour escort throughout
- Transportation by modern deluxe coach with reclining seats etc.
- Transfers airport/hotel on first (#) and last (#) days to correspond with flight time
NOTE: Prices do not include beverages, extra items, or any services not listed in the program above. Transfers are ONLY included on tour starting/ending days from/to main international airports, any deviations including change of flights due to travel delay will result in transfers on own and at own expense, no refunds provided for unused transfers.
NOTE ON THE RUSSIAN VISA: Your Russian visa must be obtained on your own. Visit www.russianembassy.org for more information, fees, details, and forms. We will provide the required visa confirmation letter and voucher once booked and confirmed.
2019 STARTING PRICES | GUARANTEED DEPARTURE View Escorted Tour Specials
*Prices are per person sharing twin-bedded room. English language tours start in Helsinki on Fridays.
Departure Dates and Information
| All departures are guaranteed and in USD. Departure is a land-only tour. Guests 12 years or older are welcome; children 12-18 years old must travel with an adult. Tour space is not guaranteed until booked and confirmed. All tours are guided in English.
Third person in extra bed discount! Deduct $40 from posted per person double room rates. Extra bed discount only applies to third person.